Lisa (Lisa's Chaos) is hosting this week's Fun Monday. Her challenge?
I’d like to know more about you, what makes you tick. I’d like to know how you started blogging. Did you keep a diary under lock and key safely hidden as a child? Do you still? Do you share the same things on your blog that you would have, or do, in your diary? Why did you start blogging and why do you continue? May as well throw in any roadblocks you have run into while blogging. If you still have your old diaries we’d love to see them.
This is actually something I wrote about a long time ago and had forgotten til I had reason to stumble across it today. It still holds true, but as I read my previous words--and barely remember writing them!--it was like visiting someone I used to know...a bit surreal.
It seemed like cheating simply to re-post something from the past, so here's a somewhat lame attempt for this week's Fun Monday. Believe it or not, I'm feeling brevity-ish right now. So...I'll go with either a short poem or Top Ten list.
What, me....make a decision? Why start now?? Just to make it fun, I'll do both!
"All the world's a stage" Shakespeare said.
(Oft quoted, though the playwright's now dead.)
Well, my blog IS my stage,
Where I rant and I rage,
And pen thoughts that were once in my head.
10. I started blogging because a friend asked me to read hers,
9. and I thought it was neat, so I began my own (although hers is parked for now).
8. I blogged completely anonymously for six months before giving ANYONE a link to it
7. then joined Blogging Chicks in May '06 and was their 100th blog added!
6. and I remember this blanger (blog + stranger) named Karmyn commenting, and I discovered the crack-like addictive nature of receiving comments.
5. My blog is my only current journal although I've begun countless other hand-written versions in the past. Sometimes I write for you, but mostly I write to remember those things I don't want to forget (entirely too many posts to link to...I'm sparing you...and me!).
4. I appreciate the diversity of my readers and those whom I read; IRL my friends are much more "like me"...it's a breath of fresh air to have a community of sorts of people who in some instances, think like me, and in others, are my polar opposites.
3. It's been fun to give away sursees, receive sursees, and have milestone posts!
2. I never fear running out of things to write about
watch immediate writer's block enter after a statement like that!; my difficulty is in completing the posts I've started...and remembering those FABULOUS ones that hit me at 2:00 in the morning when I'm too lazy to get up and at least record the thought.
1. My blog fantasy? Not to meet all of you IRL, lol (although each and every one of you is invited to a Southern home-cooked dinner if you're ever in the Tennessee Valley), but to write those things that I'm not willing to publish...but have probably shaped who I am more than anything else. Now THAT would make some good bloggin'!
Be sure to visit Lisa for the rest of Fun Monday bloggers! And if you have time, scroll down and take the Personality Test, then let me know you posted it, and I'll link back to you in the post. I'm reeaal curious what makes some of y'all tick! :)
Last but not least, the Blogging Chicks are having a Carnival...I linked the above Personality Do-Dah...first time I've remembered to post a submission in forevah (because I never remember!). (Maybe I should blog about forgetting to do that, huh?)